Thursday, January 05, 2006

"Sail On" by Rob Micensky

"Sail On" by Rob Micensky

Jilted from your calming grasp
I had nothing left to clasp
I have drowned, I've cried a sea
Sail on now away from me

What new pleasures I behold
Beneath tears now stale and cold
I thought death would soon resound
But down here no pain is found

Oh sail on, oh sail on
Heed your northern star
And find a land so rich and grand
I care not where you are
Oh sail on, oh sail on
But know the reason why
I rest beneath my guilt so deep
Until I drink it dry.

In your absence I did meet
One so lovely and so sweet
Wounds be damned, but salty be
This ocean of irony.

Fortune sways and swells like surf
And bellows deep into the earth
Fate lies shadowed in the moon
But for now I toil and swoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home